So… 6 days into 2013 and so far I’ve planned the year ahead with the help of Mind Tools Life Plan Work Book, created a website, a product to sell and about a 10th of a moss stitch scarf for Mr T. I’ve also started Julia Cameron’s - The Artist’s Way and inadvertently organised myself an Artists Way group – with me leading it. Go me!
My top 13 plans for the year ahead are as follows:
1) Start and maintain a blog and website about my adventures and creations – here it is.
2) Explore North East India in October – Varanasi and Calcutta are on the agenda at present.
3) Get my culture fix in Paris – see Moulin Rouge and eat my own weight in bread and cheese.
4) Go camping in the Gower – forage for food and go Razor Clam hunting.
5) Start my own business earning money by using my skills, selling my creations, designs and ideas.
6) Expand my creative repertoire – learn how to screen print, design my own fabric, improve my knitting and crochet skills amongst others.
7) Buy no new clothes for a year- inspired by the “Love What You Wear” project, I’ll only be buying second hand or making from scratch this year – time to seriously brush up on my sewing and alteration techniques! Check it out here http://thelovewhatyouwearproject.blogspot.co.uk/
8) Buying nothing new for a year – unless I really, really have to – in line with number 7 and 10 and motivated by a friend of mine who always makes her own presents lovingly by hand (and they’re the sweetest best presents) I’m following suit and making do and mending where I can this year. The make do and mend crew here are also a great source of inspiration.
9) Dropping a dress size – or two, getting fitter, leaner and healthier – you know the drill.
10) Creating an “adventure fund” – a nest egg for a rainy day, or a sunny day … in Borneo… with Orang-utans.
11) Getting the house up together – there’s a lot of DIY to be done to make our house a beautiful home.
12) Growing our own – setting up the veg patches and harvesting the fruits of our labour.
13) Completing The Artist’s Way.
So, that’s loads and loads to be getting on with but it’s the makings of an exciting year ahead!